Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dare You To by Katie McGarry...

Series: Pushing The Limits (Book #2)
Published: June 7th 2013 by Mira Ink
Pages: 352
Date Finished: June 5th, 2013
Rating: 5 stars
Age Recommendation: 15+ (Due to mature themes)

Synopsis:

Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."


If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all...


Review:

All I can say is... Wow, this book completely blew me away. I had extremely high expectations going into this book after reading and loving "Pushing the Limits" and I was really interested to read Beth's story and find out more about her and this book didn't disappoint.

The plot. I LOVED the plot of this book. I loved being able to see into both Beth and Ryan's lives through the duel narration that happened throughout the book and seeing that they were in a way going through some of the same things and how they helped each other through all of it. I really enjoyed watching how Beth and Ryan's relationship changed throughout the book and seeing how their relationship both changed them for the better and helped them to stand up to the people that they needed to and ultimately do what was right for them. I thought that the book was paced extremely well, the whole story was really realistic and it was one that I couldn't put down.

The characters. One thing that I really love about this series is that with each book I get to meet a whole lot of new characters but also see the old ones and get to know a bit more about them. I feel that I have become more attached to Noah, Isaiah and Beth and I have also come to love Ryan.
Beth. I really enjoyed Beth's character in this book. I thought that she was very relatable, quick witted and extremely entertaining to read about. I really enjoyed how she was a three dimensional character and through the duel narration in the book I got to see that she wasn't nearly as tough as she portrays to the world. I liked how she was fiercely loyal to the people she loves and also how through the book she changed and started to let people into her life.
Ryan. I also really enjoyed Ryan's character. I loved being able to see into his home life and see that it wasn't as great as what his family portrayed to the world. I loved seeing how he also changed throughout the book and finally stood up to his dad and did what was right for him in the end which I think also had a lot to do with Beth's influence on him.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I thought that it was a fantastic second edition to the series and it really made me thankful for the life that I have. This would have to be one of my favourite YA series and I would recommend it to anyone. I will definitely be pre-ordering the next book in the series "Crash into You" very soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment